Wednesday, September 1, 2010

thinking about heidi

Been thinking a lot about my sister in law, heidi, in the last few days. Really missing her. We buried her on Saturday and it resurfaced all the emotions that are there. It was a beautiful day, so glad for that. Now that we are back in MN, it is slowly really hitting us that she is not here. We miss her so much.
A couple verses that have helped me this week from the message version of the Bible:
"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule. You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you." -Matthew 5:3,4
As I am thinking of the loss we have experienced I am trying to keep updated by the minute on our dear friends in TX who are experiencing life--- as I type. I am so overjoyed to have just heard that the Steiners have had their two little boys. If anyone knows loss, it is them, and now they are welcoming two little ones tonight! Please pray for their boys that are doing well in the NICU right now.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Just finally catching up on blogs. I'm so sorry Jo, that all the pain had to come back. I'm just so glad for you guys that you are near family, and that you can all grieve, and hopefully begin to heal, together. I'm continually praying for all of you.

Thanks so much for your prayers for us. It is just unreal that they are here! They are doing so well, and I'm loving being a mom!!